As part of your membership benefits, LEADERSHIP USA® hosts a quarterly one-hour webinar with top-notch leadership experts, which is open to ALL employees. The webinars are recorded, and a participant handout is provided for teams to implement the principles afterward.
Cost: FREE for member organizations. Your Leadership Advisory Council representative will distribute the registration link to interested employees.
If your company is not a member of LEADERSHIP USA, please contact Laura@LeadershipUSA.biz for pricing information.
A Leader’s Toolkit for Difficult and Disciplinary Conversations
Date: Friday, February 8, 2019
Time: 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM mountain/1:00 to 2:00 eastern
Featured expert: Pamela Jett, CSP
Description: Leaders of every level—from first-time supervisors to senior executives—agree that one of their most difficult responsibilities is having disciplinary or difficult conversations. In fact, many leaders often ignore problems and hope that they will go away (of course, they rarely do.) Having language patterns and tools to specifically handle tough conversations is crucial for leadership success. Loaded with practical communication strategies and language patterns, this webinar provides practical tools you can immediately implement to relieve some of the stress associated with difficult and disciplinary conversations.
- Learn to differentiate between “can’t do” and “won’t do” issues;
- Discover why people don’t do what they are supposed to do;
- Ignite positive behavior change in others;
- Master the art of staying calm during difficult conversation;
- Learn the “BCA technique” as a template for almost any difficult conversation;
- Find out what and how to “stop feeding carrots to stick people”;
- Discover what to say/do when their tears start to flow; and
- Learn what never to say during a disciplinary conversation… it’s not what you expect.
About Pamela Jett
Communication and leadership expert Pamela Jett serves as a trusted advisor to leaders and brands around the globe. Brands like Bayer, Proctor and Gamble, and True Value leverage Pamela’s strategies to enhance employee engagement, drive results, and stay relentlessly positive…even during challenging times. Delivered with energy, humor, and a dash of neuroscience, Pamela emphasizes the “words to choose and the words to lose.” She will help you navigate some of your stickiest situations! Pamela is the author of numerous books and virtual programs including her popular book “Communicate to Keep ‘Em: Enhancing Employee Engagement Through Remarkable Communication.”