Tuesday, September 10, 2019
With Dr. Alan Zimmerman, PH.D., CSP, CPAE
9:00 to 2:30 Session
2:30 to 3:00 Networking
Location: The Curtis Ballroom, 5345 Landmark Pl, Greenwood Village, CO 80111
Session Includes: Seminar, Breakfast, Lunch, Parking, and Materials
Leadership has little or nothing to do with your title or your position. But it has everything to do with your interpersonal skills and your ability to bring out the best in others.
So ask yourself: Are you as effective as you could be as a leader? Are you getting the results you want with other people? And are they as positive, engaged, and achieving as they could be?
Your answer needs to be yes. Because in survey after survey, the vast majority of employees say they could work harder, produce greater results, or perform at a higher level.
Your answer will be yes with MCT. Because MCT skips the academic mumbo-jumbo and gets right to the nitty-gritty of what really motivates peak performance.
Unlike other programs that focus on some hypothetical theoretical model, the latest flavor-of-the-month, or fluffy psychobabble, MCT focuses on simple, quick-and-easy tools you can implement right away to get exceptional leadership results – right now.
In this program, you will learn HOW TO:
- Build a climate of respect that attracts teammates to you and your ideas,
- Stop the 50 Killer Statements that de-energize and de-motivate others,
- Generate workplace enthusiasm that survives even the toughest times,
- Speak the Work Language of others to get their full and willing cooperation,
- Ask Brave Questions that build stronger work relationships,
- Use the top 17 recognition techniques that fire up the motivation of others,
- Give negative, change-seeking feedback that does not provoke defensiveness,
- Ask for what you need and get a yes response from others.
One caution: MCT is not a sit-back-and-listen type of program. It is a highly interactive experience so you know exactly what it takes to lead more effectively than ever.
Instructor: Dr. Alan Zimmerman, PH.D., CSP, CPAE
At the age of 7, our speaker was selling greeting cards door-to-door. By age 14, he owned a small international import business. By age 21, he was teaching at the University of Minnesota, and during the next 15 years, he was selected as the “Outstanding Faculty Member” by two different universities.
At age 36, Dr. Alan Zimmerman retired from teaching and opened his own speaking and training company. That position has allowed him to deliver more than 2000 programs, in 49 states and 22 countries, maintaining a 92% repeat and referral business.
Organizations hire Dr. Zimmerman for 3 reasons. 1. High content: He puts a laser focus on the skills that really work and that can be easily implemented. 2. High energy: Audiences consistently describe him as “passionate … mesmerizing … humorous … and … contagiously enthusiastic.” 3. High engagement: Every program is very interactive so everyone is actively involved in the learning process, not sitting back and quietly watching Power Point slides.
Dr. Alan Zimmerman holds Bachelor’s, Master’s, and PhD degrees in Interpersonal Communication and Psychology, graduating with Summa Cum Laude honors each time. He earned the CSP (Certified Speaking Professional) designation from the National Speakers Association and has been inducted into their Speaker Hall of Fame, an honor that has only been given to a handful of people in the last 50 years.
He has published 5 books, more than 900 articles, and is a regular contributor to such magazines as Entrepreneur and CEO.
At the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- To maximize your leadership impact without spending lots of time and effort
- To avoid words and behaviors that erode motivation
- To generate lasting enthusiasm and mutual respect with others
- To communicate in a way that others can hear you and will follow you
- To adopt the 6 best strategies for instantly increasing motivation, cooperation, and trust in the workplace
1. 9:00 to 10:30
- 3 levels of respect, only 1 produces positive results
- 50 most commonly used Killer Statements that kill off peak performance
- #1 key to maintaining contagious enthusiasm as a leader
- The Cooperation Principle that gets people to do what you want
2. 10:45 to 12:15
- 5 work languages that get bigger and better results from your people
- 2 listening systems so you really hear what is being said and left unsaid
- Brave Questions that engage others and build honesty, openness, and trust
3. 1:00 to 2:30
- 17 positive feedback strategies that change behavior, but costs you nothing
- 6 filters that ensure constructive criticism, not defensiveness
- 4 ethical ways to make difficult people to work with you, not against you
Competencies and Target Audience
Level of Leader
A = Leader of Others
B = Leader of Leaders
C = Leader of Self
Registration Options & Pricing
To register one or more attendees online with a credit card, click the desired link below. You’ll receive an email confirmation with a receipt. Each person registered will receive a ticket with detailed instructions.
To receive an invoice or pay with a check, please email our registrar Nadine@TheProductivityPro.com with attendee names, titles, and email addresses.
Live Instructor-Led Event in Denver…..REGISTER FOR DENVER
- $299 per member, $499 per guest (includes breakfast, lunch, all-day beverages, parking, wifi, and participant materials)
- $1999 for a table of 8 or $19,999 for an annual table (email Nadine@LeadershipUSA.biz for these options)
Live Stream to Individual, Team, or Group….. REGISTER FOR LIVE STREAM
Recorded Live Event…..BUY THE RECORDING
- $199 per member
- $1,999 unlimited license for all employees in all locations
Delivery Method: Group-Live
Elements of Engagement: Large group discussion, small group discussion, partner exercises, individual reflection
Recommended CPE Credits: 5.4 for the Group Live event only
Recommended Field of Study: Personal Development
Program Level: Basic
Advance Preparation: NONE
Cancellation Policy: A 100% refund will be given if notice is received 72-hours (3 business days) prior to the learning event. Within 3 business days, substitutions ARE allowed. No refunds are given for sickness or inclement weather, unless CDOT closes the roads. Registrants who do not attend and do not substitute another person will receive a recording of the event. For more information regarding refunds, concerns, and program cancellation policies, please contact our offices at 303-471-7401. Please email our registrar Nadine Balabanoff at Nadine@LeadershipUSA.biz to have your ticket transferred to another attendee.
LEADERSHIP USA, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its web site: www.nasbaregistry.org
This activity has been approved for 4.5 (HR (General)) recertification credit hours toward California, GPHR, PHRi, SPHRi, PHR and SPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute. The use of the seal is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met the HR Certification Institute’s to be pre-approved for recertification credit.
This program is valid for 4.5 PDCs for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM.
If you have membership or registration questions, please contact John@LeadershipUSAColorado.com or call 303-471-7401.