Tuesday, July 16, 2019
Well-intentioned leaders, in their attempts to boost innovation, are inadvertently destroying it. What if “thinking outside the box” actually kills innovation? What if failure is not a necessary component of innovation? It’s time to innovate the way you innovate. During this customizable and interactive session, you will discover that innovation isn’t just about generating occasional new ideas; it’s about staying consistently one step ahead of the competition.
You will discover why:
- You don’t want to innovate everywhere. Avoid trying to improve every aspect of your business. Instead, “innovate where you differentiate.” Focus your energy where there is the greatest potential impact.
- Asking for ideas is a bad idea. Avoid suggestion boxes or abstract questions. They create a lot of noise and wasted energy. Instead, provide well-framed challenges to increase creative output. “Don’t think outside the box, find a better box.”
- Expertise is the enemy of innovation. Breakthroughs are rarely developed by experts within your industry or area of specialization. Instead, reframe your challenge to find solutions elsewhere.
The pragmatic approaches shared in “Innovate the Way You Innovate” have increased innovation ROI tenfold or more.
Session Includes: Seminar, Breakfast, Lunch, Parking, and Supplementary learning resources.
Instructor: Stephen Shapiro, CSP, CPAE
For over 20 years, Stephen Shapiro has presented his provocative strategies on innovation and collaboration to audiences in 50 countries. During his 15-year tenure with the consulting firm Accenture, he led a 20,000-person innovation practice. He is the author of five books, including “Best Practices Are Stupid,” which was named the best innovation and creativity book by 800-CEO-READ. His Personality Poker® system has been used around the world to create high-performing innovation teams. His work has been featured in Newsweek, Entrepreneur Magazine, SUCCESS Magazine, The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, USA Network, TLC, CNBC and ABC News. His clients include Marriott, 3M, Delta Airlines, P&G, Nike, Capital One, Honda, Johnson & Johnson, Microsoft, NASA, USAA, and GE. Stephen currently serves on the Board of Directors of National Speakers Association (NSA) and is the recipient of the Certified Speaking Professional (CSP) designation, NSA’s highest earned designation. In 2015 he was inducted into the Speaker Hall of Fame. You can see him on television on TLC’s Girl Starter, where he is a mentor and judge helping young women launch new businesses. He is based in Orlando, Florida and loves traveling to meet his clients around the world.
At the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Identify your differentiator and use it to prioritize innovation investments
- Ask better questions as a means of finding better solutions
- Develop breakthroughs faster with lower risk and lower cost
- Reduce failure rates of innovation by improving your experiments
- Increase innovation ROI a minimum of tenfold
1. 9:00 to 10:30
- Why innovation matters
- Why expertise is the enemy of innovation (hands on experience)
- How to identify your differentiator
2. 10:45 to 12:15
- Why asking for ideas is a bad idea
- Case studies on how to ask better questions
- The benefits associated with a challenge-centered innovation mindset
- Reframing your most pressing challenges (experiential activity)
3. 1:00 to 2:30
- Personality Poker® – learn how to create a high-performing innovation team (experiential activity)
- The science of breakthroughs
- Making the impossible possible (experiential activity)
Competencies and Target Audience
Level of Leader
A = Leader of Leaders
B = Leader of Others
C = Leader of Self
Registration Options & Pricing
To register one or more attendees online with a credit card, click the desired link below. You’ll receive an email confirmation with a receipt. Each person registered will receive a ticket with detailed instructions.
To receive an invoice or pay with a check, please email our registrar Nadine@LeadershipUSA.biz with attendee names, titles, and email addresses.
Live Instructor-Led Event in Denver…..REGISTER FOR DENVER
- $299 per member, $499 per guest (includes breakfast, lunch, all-day beverages, parking, wifi, and participant materials)
- $1999 for a table of 8 or $19,999 for an annual table (email Nadine@LeadershipUSA.biz for these options)
Live Stream to Individual, Team, or Group….. REGISTER FOR LIVE STREAM
Recorded Live Event…..BUY THE RECORDING
- $199 per member
- $1,999 unlimited license for all employees in all locations
Delivery Method: Group-Live
Elements of Engagement: Large group discussion, small group discussion, partner exercises, individual reflection
Recommended CPE Credits: 5.4 for the Group Live event only
Recommended Field of Study: Personal Development
Program Level: Basic
Advance Preparation: NONE
Cancellation Policy: A 100% refund will be given if notice is received 72-hours (3 business days) prior to the learning event. Within 3 business days, substitutions ARE allowed. No refunds are given for sickness or inclement weather, unless CDOT closes the roads. Registrants who do not attend and do not substitute another person will receive a recording of the event. For more information regarding refunds, concerns, and program cancellation policies, please contact our offices at 303-471-7401. Please email our registrar Nadine Balabanoff at Nadine@LeadershipUSA.biz to have your ticket transferred to another attendee.
LEADERSHIP USA, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its web site: www.nasbaregistry.org
This activity has been approved for 4.5 (HR (General)) recertification credit hours toward California, GPHR, PHRi, SPHRi, PHR and SPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute. The use of the seal is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met the HR Certification Institute’s to be pre-approved for recertification credit.
This program is valid for 4.5 PDCs for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM.
If you have membership or registration questions, please contact John@LeadershipUSAColorado.com or call 303-471-7401.